Pink Oyster Mushrooms are popular in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean cuisine, but can be added to any kind of dish for a healthy and delicious meat substitute.
Pink Oyster Mushrooms are a great addition to any dish but are renowned for their savoury flavour which many compare to the taste of bacon when well-cooked.
Our spawn is stored in optimum conditions using specialist breathable bags. This means that the organism is always at its healthiest and ready for inoculation.
For larger quantities check out out wholesale collection.
- The ideal growing conditions for the pink oyster mushrooms are: 18-28 C
- Produces enormous meaty caps and vibrant pink colour
- We recommend a storage temperature of no lower than 10 C
- Originating from South-East Asia
- First harvest: 3-5 weeks
- Strain: Pleurotus Djamor
- Typically harvest <1.5kg over 3-5 flushes
Commonly used substrates:
- Straw from cereal crops such as wheat
- Coffee grounds
- Hardwood logs and chips
- Cardboard and paper
- Fresh compost heaps containing an abundance of un-broken down organic material