We want to make sustainable home farming available for all. It can be daunting as a first time buyer on where to start. So we have formulated this kit to cater for all at home farmers!
White Elm Oyster Mushrooms are a North American variety with a strong woody flavour and are an excellent addition to any soup or stir fry.
Our growing kits offer valuable learning as well as a huge amount of joy and satisfaction to have produced your own farm with very low expense. Our kit includes everything you need to grow your mushrooms right away, you’ll be an expert grower in no time!
This system is unlike any other mushroom kit on the market and guarantees freshness, quality and high yield.
- The ideal growing conditions for the white elm oyster mushrooms are: 16-22 C
- We recommend a storage temperature of no more than 5 C
- First harvest: 3-5 weeks
- Typically harvest <1.5kg over 3-5 flushes
- Strain: Pleurotus ostreatus var. Florida
This Oyster Mushroom Growing Kit contains:
- In-depth, easy to follow instructions and advice
- XL Grow substrate
- High-Quality Mushroom Grain Spawn
- Grow environment
- Gain access to Urban Farm It’s online learning section within the member’s area
Oyster Mushroom Grow Kit Specifications:
- Kentish chopped straw substrate
- Harvest 3-5 flushes
- Box Dimensions: 30.5cm x 22.9cm x 15.2cm
- 100% recyclable and compostable
Urban Farm It Tips:
- Keep hold of the troubleshooting part of the instructions that are provided as they could help you get an extra flush
- Avoid direct sunlight and temperatures over 30oC
- Once you think the kit is exhausted, add it to a woodchip or compost pile we have had many that have been able to get a mother culture by doing this.
- If in doubt contact the Urban Farm It team, we are always happy to help.