These are the classic “ultra-safe” zipper filter growing bags. They have been developed by European industry leaders Sac02 and Mycelia and have the highest contamination resistance rating of all available growing bags.
This type of filter works in a similar way to a HEPA filter. They are composed of hydrophobic, randomly arranged fibres which trap microorganisms due to the design of the filter, the air must pass through a long filtration distance making it the most effective filter available.
The bottom gusset allows this bag to free stand for easy use.
Aside from the significant biological advantages this range of mushroom growing bags are extremely tough and resilient, being made from a thick polypropylene material. They are the perfect candidate for both hobbyist and commercial production.
- Autoclavable: the bags are guaranteed to endure temperatures up to 123° C or 253° F, making them autoclave proof.
- No dry-out zones: contact between filter and substrate is limited, minimizing substrate dehydration under the filter zone.
- Flexibility: the length of the bags and the distribution of the filters are adapted to the application and desired gas exchange rate.
- Physical strength: Microsacs are subjected to rigorous tests to ensure that the bags remain strong after heat treatment and physical handling.
- Development: Microsacs are constantly tested and improved in cooperation with our sister company Mycelia, ensuring that our products meet large production demand and automation standards.