GROW YOUR OWN WHITE OYSTER MUSHROOMSWhite Elm Oyster Mushrooms are a North American variety with a strong woody flavour and are an excellent addition to any soup or stir fry.
Our spawn is stored in optimum conditions using specialist breathable bags. This means that the organism is always at its healthiest and ready for inoculation.
For larger quantities check out out wholesale collection.
- The ideal growing conditions for white elm oyster mushrooms are: 13-20 C
- We recommend a storage temperature of no higher than 5 C
- First harvest: 3-5 weeks
- Typically harvest <1.5kg over 3-5 flushes
Commonly used substrates:
- Straw from cereal crops such as wheat
- Coffee grounds
- Hardwood logs and chips
- Cardboard and paper
- Fresh compost heaps containing an abundance of un-broken down organic material